Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

This forum is for sharing humor, inspiration and silliness! The main Flute Portal guidelines still apply, however.

- No bad language
- No inflammatory language
- Respect and courtesy.

This is a family site and we expect all members to use good judgment about what they put here. Any off-site links that lead to content that is deemed inappropriate will be removed.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Unbelievable!

Terry B   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,511

Post #21

Amazing how the real baroque music has far less views than the comic relief.
And what does that tell ya?
Humor trumps culture.....at least for now, in our cell phone crazed, caffeine jacked up, modern social paradigm.
..so be it.....amen.

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #22

QUOTE(Hawk @ Sep 20 2017, 10:21 PM) *
Associate Pastor?!! That's great! We both know the pay comes in many forms wink.gif Glad you're still doing what you love to do - teaching school has always been important and rewarding for you. smile.gif

I'm thrilled to have taken a few more steps into the Early Music world. It's all new and exciting! Met some wonderful folks from around the world. A couple even have flutes I've made ohmy.gif Pierre Hamon who is a flute/recorder player with Jordi Savall and Elisabeth Champollion, who is a recorder player too. I'm sure you will enjoy their music which you can find on youtube.

I did get an oboe but it's a contemporary instrument and it needs a lot of work to be playable. Had the privilege to hang out with a woman who builds baroque oboes and has done so since the 70's. She is well respected in the early music world...she builds them using only hand tools!! I hope to get a baroque oboe one day. Oh our new neighbor, she lives about 50 miles away, builds baroque oboes!! I'm like a child in a toy store smile.gif

Ooo! Sounds exciting! Maybe you two could trade a handmade instrument!
Save

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 09:29 PM