Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Share Your Art Guidelines

Even though we encourage members to share their art in this section, ideally we'd like to keep an "amateur" flavor to it.

If you are a novice flute maker (for example) and are looking for feedback on your first creations, or if you are an aspiring painter, poet, etc.. then this is the place.

However, if you are a professional who is selling their work anywhere, then in the interest of maintaining the no selling policy of this site (both in the letter and the spirit of the law) we ask that you do not showcase your work here, even if you are not actively making a sales pitch or linking to your website.

This will ensure that no one takes undue advantage of the open nature of this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Vaudeville At The Forks

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,397

Post #1

It's that time of year again for the annual "Vaudeville at the Forks" live and on stage variety show. This show is put on at the Forks of the Wabash on
the edge of Huntington, IN, and I will be performing again to help raise funds to keep this important historic site running. This is the same place that
I did the school tours this spring and had so much fun teaching the kids about American Indian music featuring drum, rattle, and flute.

I'll be performing my "Honoring the People" song on my drone flute in my 3 to 4 minute time slot. We have two performances this year-- one at 4:00pm
and the other at 7:00pm if anyone is in the neighborhood and interested in coming. That's this Saturday--June, 17th. The show lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours,
featuring all local amateur talent from performers of all ages. It's lots of fun and for a very good cause. So let's go break a leg tongue.gif .

Ginger

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #2

So, Ginger... even given the time difference between your place and mine, I'm guessing the vaudeville shown has been and gone..

I hope it was a joyous time for all involved. smile.gif

+ Quote Post

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 2,397

Post #3

QUOTE(shewhoflutesincaves @ Jun 18 2017, 01:20 AM) *
So, Ginger... even given the time difference between your place and mine, I'm guessing the vaudeville shown has been and gone..

I hope it was a joyous time for all involved. smile.gif

Oh, yes! We had a lot of talented people this time around. Besides me, there were several gifted singers, a variety of skits including the classical
Abbot and Costello "Who's on First" routine, and two or three comedy routines. The young man who dressed up as the Beast--from Disney's "Beauty
and the Beast"--sang the song from the movie where Belle is leaving the castle to return to her father. I'm afraid I don't know the song's title. I kid
you not, this guy has opera potential. I think you would term him a baritone, and could he let it roll. I should add that he was perfect to play the
Beast, being well over 6' tall with broad shoulders.

As for me; I didn't get near the applause that I received last year, but that was okay. After the show, I still had a couple of people from the audience
say how much they enjoyed my performance, and one gentleman asked a few questions about my flute, wanting to know what it was called, how
long I'd been playing, etc. I thought for sure that this time the audience wouldn't bother me, but I could still feel the butterflies... even though I'm
pretty sure stage fright wasn't a factor this time.

We all worked together very well, performers and backstage people alike, and the show went off smoothly all the way around.

Ginger

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #4

Interesting mix smile.gif

Audiences will differ from one day to the next, as will their response, I guess. Glad you all had fun, and that your fluting attracted more interest to the beautiful NAF smile.gif

Stage fright is a funny thing... With choir, or fluting, I'm ok if I get in the zone... Fluting is easier for me, because I close my eyes... not something I'd normally do in front of an audience... With choir, I'm looking at the audience, or fellow singers, but if I love the song, and am fully involved in what it means, there's no stage fright. If we do songs that don't click with me (rare, but it happens), I tend to start thinking about what I don't enjoy about the song, and lose my mojo! biggrin.gif

Fluting, though... love it!!!! smile.gif

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 11:20 PM