Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Scott August has posted a new blog article titled "The roads in Andorra". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Guidelines for posting reviews: Read this before you post!

Because this a community forum, and because the Native American flute and World flute community is a small community (lots of folks know each other), it is suggested that reviews be non-destructive.

What that means is this: This forum is not in existence to allow someone to bash someones work, be it music, performance, instrument making, what have you. Always remember to ask yourself, "What if it was me being reviewed here? How would I like to be treated?"

This does not mean that constructive criticism is forbidden. If you have a legitimate, thoughtful observation to offer about someones art, then as long as it adheres to the Forums policy about courtesy and respect, it is welcome.

NOTE: In order to avoid postings that might be "commercial" in nature, we require a minimum level of forum participation before writing a review. Reviewers must have been members of the forums for at least one month and have a minimum post count of 15. This is to ensure that reviewers are writing disinterestedly as members of the community, and not joining the site just for the sake of promoting a merchant or artist.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Terry Frazier; B Minor In Cedar

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,397

Post #1

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I bought a midrange key of B flute made of cedar. The maker is Terry Frazier. Terry is known as a sculptor as well as a flute
maker and is from OK. The flute I bought is large bore and has a super nice tonal quality that I liked immediately. I'd never heard of Terry until I met
him at the National Powwow in July, and I bought this flute after selling my High Spirits key of G in walnut on the same day. Terry has many flutes
to choose from--some carved and others plain. He also has a few CDs out too.

Anyway, I like the way the flute handled and how it sounds. I felt like I'd played it all my life, and it's quickly become one of my favorites in my
collection.

Ginger

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #2

smile.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

It's always nice to find a flute you click with. I wish you many happy days of play!

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #3

QUOTE(Red Hawk @ Sep 19 2017, 11:26 AM) *
About 2 1/2 weeks ago I bought a midrange key of B flute made of cedar. The maker is Terry Frazier. Terry is known as a sculptor as well as a flute
maker and is from OK. The flute I bought is large bore and has a super nice tonal quality that I liked immediately. I'd never heard of Terry until I met
him at the National Powwow in July, and I bought this flute after selling my High Spirits key of G in walnut on the same day. Terry has many flutes
to choose from--some carved and others plain. He also has a few CDs out too.

Anyway, I like the way the flute handled and how it sounds. I felt like I'd played it all my life, and it's quickly become one of my favorites in my
collection.

Ginger
It sounds beautiful, Ginger... Large bore with super nice tonal quality is definitely something that appeals to me... And, yes, always nice to find a flute that you click with smile.gif

Pic? Sound file? biggrin.gif

Enjoy... smile.gif

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #4

Here's a link:

https://www.frazierflutes.com/

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:52 PM