Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Song Sheet - Human

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,398

Post #1

Hi, friends.

I'm not feeling so well today, so I decided to stay home. Hmmm ... what makes me feel better???? Fluting, of course, and learning new songs. I decided to learn a new song. I first heard this song on a talent show on TV (American Idol? America's Got Talent? The Voice ???) and I liked it.
Last night, I heard it from the original artist (I think?) and I realized I really, really liked it.
I am currently learning it - been working on the attached tab sheet for over 3 hours ... mostly formatting the spacing, etc. I've GOT to learn a better way to get different-sized spaces without changing the font size here and there.

I find that tabbing out songs helps me learn them ... specifically, it helps me memorize them. I can play just about anything, as long as I can remember enough of it to play - sadly, my memory is pretty bad, so it takes a lot of repetition to sink it in (my wife hears these songs in her head in her sleep!)

ANYWAY ... I am working on "Human". It is a long song, with some neat change-ups in its later verses. I have only done the main verse, thus far. I will eventually get around to the other parts, like the powerful "I'M NO PHOPHET or MESSIAH" section, but not today.

For those who like this song, my WIP here should get you started (I play it with embellishments, but don't know how to show such things in the sheet). I hope you find it useful and well-prepared enough to guide you to the actual tune. As it is a WIP, please let me know if you find errors, or have suggestions - THANKS.

Cheers,

Scott
EDIT: Man, I think I was running a fever before! I've revised it to be a tad lower and not use the half-hole but rather the fundamental ... still a WIP

This post has been edited by MonoLoco: Aug 16 2017, 12:12 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Human_2nd.pdf ( 309.72K ) Number of downloads: 14

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #2

Aw! So sorry you are feeling badly. Feel better soon!

+ Quote Post

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 1,398

Post #3

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ Aug 16 2017, 09:19 AM) *
Aw! So sorry you are feeling badly. Feel better soon!

Thanks. I gotta' get off this dang PC and go eat something! Have a good day!

+ Quote Post

Joe D   

Member No.: 3,330

Post #4

Scott,

Tabbing is just what the doctor ordered for brain stimulus. Hope that you are feeling better.

This post has been edited by Joe D: Sep 14 2017, 10:10 AM

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 01:36 AM