Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Update On Portal Refurbishment!

rocksncactus   

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,105

Post #1

I wasn't sure where to put this, but here goes.

Stephen (Northern Lights) and I both stopped into his booth at Musical Echoes and spoke to Brent Haines. We were telling a friend of mine there that we'd met through the Portal, and I mentioned that the Portal needed some work. Brent told us that he's got someone working on updating/fixing/redoing the Portal, he hopes it won't be too much longer, but the big thing is saving all the old content, which is really like a brain trust of flute information and flute knowledge, but getting the Portal into a modern site that functions well and is up to date.

So, that being said, I don't know how long it will be, but he does say that it's in progress. Hooray!

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Geoffrey   

Admin
Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5

Post #2

Great news! I hadn't heard anything on the subject in months, but the last time we talked Brent had said that he had someone working on it. Just in time! The ol' jalopy is starting to shudder and creak a bit...

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #3

Best news I have heard in a while.

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #4

Wonderful. Gratitude to Brent and any who help keep this space running!

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 152

Post #5

Good on ya, Brent!👍🏼 Thanks millions!

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Apr 24 2017, 04:51 PM) *
I wasn't sure where to put this, but here goes.

Stephen (Northern Lights) and I both stopped into his booth at Musical Echoes and spoke to Brent Haines. We were telling a friend of mine there that we'd met through the Portal, and I mentioned that the Portal needed some work. Brent told us that he's got someone working on updating/fixing/redoing the Portal, he hopes it won't be too much longer, but the big thing is saving all the old content, which is really like a brain trust of flute information and flute knowledge, but getting the Portal into a modern site that functions well and is up to date.

So, that being said, I don't know how long it will be, but he does say that it's in progress. Hooray!

+ Quote Post

BettyM   

Member No.: 3,839

Post #6

What fantastic news. The information on this site is invaluable. I've spent hours pouring over it.

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 09:03 AM