Latest Activity on the Portal:
Stephen Cumberworth has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Please read these guidelines before posting!

We don't want to put any heavy-handed restrictions on the content of this forum, but we would like to try to confine it to issues that are either directly connected to the flute community and its members, or at least have some tangible connection to the flute in a general sense. There are many worthy causes in the world, and even though we might all want to help victims of a typhoon in Asia, for example, we can't necessarily play host to such a cause here without it having some tie-in to flutes or to the flute-related activities of a site member in support of this cause. There are simply too many people in need, and in many cases these other causes have their own venues where folks are bringing attention to them.

Please confine all such issues to this forum alone and do not post about them in other sections of the forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Randy Stenzel Has Passed ...

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,398

Post #1

Sadly, I just read the following post on the "Native American Flute Making Forum" group on Facebook.

"It is with a very sad heart to let the members know that we have lost one of the best flute makers and friends in our community. Randy and Shelly Stenzel have always been wonderful and special friends to all in the flute community. Randy lost his battle with cancer today but he will always be loved, remembered and dearly missed. Please take time to send prayers and blessings to all of the Stenzel family."

I've never met the man, either in person or via the internet, nor do I have any of his fine flutes that I've admired over the years, but I do know he was highly regarded and loved by so many... another loss for us all. RIP, Sir.

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #2

Yes, I have gotten reports this morning, that Randy passed away. I have no particulars, but I did note that they had not posted any events last year, on the web site, which means he has probably not been doing well, for a while.

He wasn't at Native Rhythms, in November. He may have had a recurrence of the cancer he was diagnosed with, back in 2008. I had not heard any reports of it, but that's the problem with cancer. Even when you think you have beaten it, it can reoccur.

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 152

Post #3

Randy will be deeply missed. He did have a relapse of the cancer that he seemed to have beaten back. Randy was one of those pillars of the flute business; talented, generous, kind, sweet, funny, and happy. His wife and business partner, Shelly, is every bit the treasure that Randy was. Keep her in your prayers.

It's been a rough stretch for our informal guild of flute makers with losing Leonard McGann, Stephen DeRuby, and now Randy Stenzel in a relatively short span of time. I picked this photo of Leonard and Randy from Randy's FB page...

QUOTE(MonoLoco @ May 17 2017, 01:43 PM) *
Sadly, I just read the following post on the "Native American Flute Making Forum" group on Facebook.

"It is with a very sad heart to let the members know that we have lost one of the best flute makers and friends in our community. Randy and Shelly Stenzel have always been wonderful and special friends to all in the flute community. Randy lost his battle with cancer today but he will always be loved, remembered and dearly missed. Please take time to send prayers and blessings to all of the Stenzel family."

I've never met the man, either in person or via the internet, nor do I have any of his fine flutes that I've admired over the years, but I do know he was highly regarded and loved by so many... another loss for us all. RIP, Sir.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Randy_Leonard.jpg ( 39.67K ) Number of downloads: 15

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #4

I am so sorry to hear this. sad.gif The flute world has lost another good one . . .

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #5

Heartfelt sympathy to Shelly. ❤️

I only knew of Randy as a highly regarded member of the fluting community..

Yes, it's been a sad year for music and a sad year for the fluting community.. Many Blessings to all touched by Randy's parting, and may he gently wing his way to a beautiful, fluteful place.

🌹🌹🌻❤️🌻🌹🌹

+ Quote Post

Mike   

Member No.: 89

Post #6

For Randy

Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_20170518_210034.jpg ( 1.49MB ) Number of downloads: 18

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2017 - 12:43 PM