Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Scott August has posted a new blog article titled "The roads in Andorra". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Looking For A Simple 64bpm Recording., Would someone please be kind enough to record a drum beat of 64BPM

ponder   

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,939

Post #1

The following is the first flute tune I am learning:
https://youtu.be/DGkf5VHougs?t=327

Please PM me if your interesting in helping.

Thank You
~Dave

This post has been edited by ponder: Oct 16 2017, 08:30 PM

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 1,398

Post #2

Hi!

Member "Crow Feather" once posted a link to Drumbot.
With Drumbot, you can create your own beats, with (or without) drum and shaker. You can select your bpm. Are you aware of this FREE online tool?
I like the:
- KICK drum ... DEEP, numbers 3 and 4, and the
- OTHER ... SHAKER, numbers 3 and 5

If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go ... nuttin' to lose! Itís free and pretty easy to use.

1) Go to:
"www.drumbot.com"
- once there, click on Sequence
- play around with it, just to get an idea
link = DRUMBOT sequencer

2) Watch the on-line tutorial and get a good understanding of the Drumbot utility
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v9mHfi5Zds"
link = DRUMBOT tutorial on YouTube

3) Go to the Drumbot website and make your own sequence! You can either create your own Drum Sequence or open and modify/edit one of the Text files I attached, using that sequence as a building block to mess around with. Make sure you save your new project with a NEW name or else the original will be lost (replaced).

Give the file you are creating a name and make note of what folder on your PC you're storing it in. It must be saved as a .txt file and it will look like a bunch of jibrish if you open it to look at it. The saved file will only work when you open it from the Drumbot website's "sequencer" utility that created it.

4) To actually save the file as a sound file that can be listened to on your PC, you'll need to select "Bounce" from with the Drumbot utility. When you "Bounce" it, give it a name and notice its target folder path. It can only be saved as a wave file (.wav).

5) You might want to convert the file from a .wav to a .mp3 file. There are many programs that can do this, but I used the free, well-respected one called "Audacity". Do you already Know it? It is a very powerful editing program. You can download it here:
www.audacityteam.org/home AUDACITY

Good Luck - HAVE FUN !!!

Attached are a couple "sequences" I made a while back ... too fast for you, but an idea nonetheless ... I'll also include their drumbot .txt files so you can open them and edit them within Drumbot.

EDIT: see below for some "hot-off-the-press" 64 bpm samples

This post has been edited by MonoLoco: Oct 17 2017, 05:52 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  A_A_120.mp3 ( 1.97MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  Fancy1.mp3 ( 1.54MB ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  A_A_120_BOT.txt ( 3.64K ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  Fancy1_BOT.txt ( 5.61K ) Number of downloads: 1

+ Quote Post

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor

Post #3

OK ... messed around a bit for ya'.
Lemme' know some feedback:

1) Do any of these work for you, in their general flavor?
2) If they are close, but need tweaking, are you up to it ... or might you need help in such tweaking? Perhaps you like them, but just want them longer duration, etc.
3) Any questions?

Cheers,

Scott

Attached File(s)
Attached File  64bpm_kick3.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  64bpm_kick4.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  64bpm_kick3and4.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  64bpm_Kick3_heartbeat.mp3 ( 1.03MB ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  64bpm_Kick3.txt ( 3.05K ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  64bpm_Kick4.txt ( 3.05K ) Number of downloads: 1
Attached File  64bpm_Kick3and4.txt ( 3.08K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  64bpm_Kick3_heartbeat.txt ( 3.17K ) Number of downloads: 1

+ Quote Post

ponder   

Member No.: 2,939

Post #4

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Oct 9 2017, 12:35 PM) *
Good point, Joe. Ponder, you might want to put your NAF posts in the Native American Flute section of the Portal so more NAF people will see them. You are posting in the Shakuhachi section.

Lizabeth

Thank you for the detailed reply. Very much appreciated.

I am overwhelmed right now with learning one tune on the flute but will for sure look into the electronic simulation of drumming further down the road. Most of the apps I have been looking into did not have anything that sounds natural to me, however I can see you have that worked out in the examples you have provided. I appreciated the links to those as well. TY. I have downloaded a few of those already. Cheers.

Just listening to the drum beat alone seems to do something for me. I can see myself getting a drum for sure. All in good time. I have made a rattle from a pill bottle and using rice just to see how that would sound. In fact I recently joined a music group where I was using an egg shaker. Unfortunately the type of music they play is not something that resonates with me. No flute circles where I live. I might have to start my own. smile.gif

Anyways ... you have given my something to think about. Right now though, learning something new is not something I have space for. I'll probably just repeat one of the 64BPM examples you have graciously provided. Once I get a drum and rattle of my own, I will then take the time to teach myself and produce a few of my own tactile recordings. There's something about the energy that goes into the creation of sharing of hand on art that can't be encompassed with synthesized creations. That's said I mean no disrespect to your generous reply and the work you put into that. Not at all! Like I said I have downloaded a few examples and now have that site saved = YouTube tutorial.

I was just intending to highlight my preference for hands on recordings is all. I've looked around for others who may of uploaded their own beats at different paces. I have since discovered that such creations do not exist. Not at least with my search results thus far. I know that as soon as I learn to play percussion with like wise instruments, I will for sure be uploading FREE available tracks for anyone wishing to do whatever with.

Thanks again for your reply. I got a LOT out of it.
~Dave.

Arrrr I get it now ... I AM posting on the wrong section. Story of my life. smile.gif

This post has been edited by ponder: Oct 17 2017, 12:46 PM

+ Quote Post

MonoLoco   

Top Contributor

Post #5

NO doubt about it ... real, live percussion drumming beats synthesized "Hands Down" (pun intended!). Just hearing the beats, versus physically Feeling them as you create them are two different experiences.

The Drumbot is a toy ... something to play with with no risk involved. It can be useful for developing timing on the flute, sort of like a metronome, but it can't sound like the real thing. The Drumbot drums, and the shakers, especially, are so "sterile" and constant. With real drums, one can get subtle variations via strike force and strike location on the head (or rim) ... something Drumbot just cannot do (at least not with my limited skills).

Oh ... what's up with the NAF/Shakuhachi reference being posted here, in Drumming? I am confused. Then again, it's not an actual post in this thread, just a copy/quote from another thread. No biggie, really, just odd ... learning curve, I suppose. EDIT: I got up to speed by looking at the "Practice" section of the Shakuhachi Forum ... I, too, as many Portalites have likely done when new here, have started threads in the wrong forum by mistake. I've even done it as a "veteran" here, when I've been over excited and uhm ... experienced "Premature Postulation" (it happens).

Be well.

This post has been edited by MonoLoco: Oct 17 2017, 02:57 PM

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #6

QUOTE(MonoLoco @ Oct 17 2017, 12:58 PM) *
NO doubt about it ... real, live percussion drumming beats synthesized "Hands Down" (pun intended!). Just hearing the beats, versus physically Feeling them as you create them are two different experiences.

The Drumbot is a toy ... something to play with with no risk involved. It can be useful for developing timing on the flute, sort of like a metronome, but it can't sound like the real thing. The Drumbot drums, and the shakers, especially, are so "sterile" and constant. With real drums, one can get subtle variations via strike force and strike location on the head (or rim) ... something Drumbot just cannot do (at least not with my limited skills).

Oh ... what's up with the NAF/Shakuhachi reference being posted here, in Drumming? I am confused. Then again, it's not an actual post in this thread, just a copy/quote from another thread. No biggie, really, just odd ... learning curve, I suppose. EDIT: I got up to speed by looking at the "Practice" section of the Shakuhachi Forum ... I, too, as many Portalites have likely done when new here, have started threads in the wrong forum by mistake. I've even done it as a "veteran" here, when I've been over excited and uhm ... experienced "Premature Postulation" (it happens).

Be well.

LOL Premature Postulation...

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:24 AM