Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Flute Making Forum Guidelines

Even though we encourage members to share their experience in this section, ideally we'd like to keep an "amateur" flavor to it.

If you are a novice flute maker (for example) and are looking for feedback on your first creations, or if you are an experienced professional who is assisting a new maker, that is great.

However, if you are a professional who is selling their work anywhere, then in the interest of maintaining the no selling policy of this site (both in the letter and the spirit of the law) we ask that you do not showcase your work here, even if you are not actively making a sales pitch or linking to your website. You may post technical photos that are illustrative of the principles of flute making, but please refrain from any postings that are solely for the purpose of showcasing your creations.

This will ensure that no one takes undue advantage of the open nature of this forum.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Rattlesnake Flutes, Carved flutes

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #21

QUOTE(pararaptor @ May 22 2017, 12:55 PM) *
I should mention about the hawk carving...Each of the joints on the wings, leg, head and tail feathers are able to be moved to another pose. The base of the head has a ball joint that allows me to change heads from horizontal to vertical, open or closed beak. Because I'm lazy and don't want to carve a lot of life-sized hawks; I put more time and energy into one that can be adjusted.Thanks again for all the kind comments everyone.
That is one amazing beast of a carving, Greg! Masterful!

PS I also love looking at people's pics because I can sometimes see people's garden's, and try to identify the plants ... biggrin.gif

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

pararaptor   

Member No.: 174

Post #22

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ May 22 2017, 01:47 PM) *
My gosh! That hawk looks real! Excellent work! How long did it take you to make it?

It took me essentially 9 months of pretty constant work. Each and every feather has all the barbules burned in. It also took awhile to make the snake it's catching.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  P1050936.JPG ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 26

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #23

You do amazing work!

+ Quote Post

pararaptor   

Post #24

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ May 24 2017, 04:36 PM) *
You do amazing work!

Thank you very much,

+ Quote Post

midwife2thesoul   

Member No.: 2,619

Post #25

QUOTE(pararaptor @ May 13 2017, 07:49 PM) *
Thank you for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it.
Rick: Thank you for your comments; and I will make you a Great Horned Owl flute before I stop completely.
I don't sell flutes anymore. but I'll make a few when it occurs to be to explore a facet of the making process (like the roost and block on the snake).
I did make a curved rattlesnake; it has a straight bore inside a 2x4 that I made S turns in (I'll add a picture of it along with a few more)
Thanks again.

Love your snake flutes, pararaptor! Maybe it would be fun sometime if someone made like a set or a double flute with the king snake and coral snake together, you know, like some sort of yin yang dealio or something wink.gif

So far, I've only been blessed with one snake flute to keep me company. I've no clue who made it, but i thought it was cute... Yes...i admit... I've added flutes over time due to their cuteness factor laugh.gif and it's a nice flute, just not as detailed as yours or the ones by Mr. Thomas.

I'll try to add a picture, thanks so much for sharing yours though: they're ssssuper!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  rattlesnake_flute_key_F_maker_unknown.png ( 2.32MB ) Number of downloads: 19

+ Quote Post

goldfinch   

Member No.: 3,431

Post #26

I love the snake flutes, your work is amazing.

+ Quote Post

pararaptor   

Post #27

QUOTE(midwife2thesoul @ Jun 9 2017, 01:16 PM) *
Love your snake flutes, pararaptor! Maybe it would be fun sometime if someone made like a set or a double flute with the king snake and coral snake together, you know, like some sort of yin yang dealio or something wink.gif

So far, I've only been blessed with one snake flute to keep me company. I've no clue who made it, but i thought it was cute... Yes...i admit... I've added flutes over time due to their cuteness factor laugh.gif and it's a nice flute, just not as detailed as yours or the ones by Mr. Thomas.

I'll try to add a picture, thanks so much for sharing yours though: they're ssssuper!

That's a fine looking stylized flute you have there; very nice indeed!

+ Quote Post

pararaptor   

Post #28

QUOTE(goldfinch @ Jun 10 2017, 04:53 PM) *
I love the snake flutes, your work is amazing.

Thank you so much.

+ Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 09:05 AM