Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Found Fairly Cheap Flute Stand/rack 1, In case you're on the hunt!

midwife2thesoul   

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,619

Post #1

Hi beautiful peeplz,

I recently bought a few stands from eBay, I'm not related to the seller or anything: i just like the stands and figured I'd share.

This one is made from wood, it's black and holds 8 flutes. The dimensions are 39x3x16
It isn't listed under flute stands, but rather under katana stands/sword stands. It ships flat, is very easy to assemble, and also comes with a few pegs and screws for the wall. It's more sturdy than expected.

*Something to keep in mind with this one: they didn't bother to sand down the holes (?) Thingies where the flutes sit in the stand/rack. I easily addressed that by simply putting some sticky felt to those spots which you can buy for a couple of bucks at a craft store.

Since i don't know how to measure the size of the holes where the flutes go, I'll try to attach some pictures from front and side so you can see how different flutes look in it. The top flute probably has the biggest bore here, that's why i added it - is a G from High Spirits.

I won't mention any sellers name because i want to be respectful to the forum - katana/sword stands will show you the listings from all kinds of sellers.

Price: i paid $28 shipping included and a couple of bucks for the felt tape brought the total to around $30

I also bought a slightly different one and will post separately.

PS. Moderator - plz move if not in the right forum: reading and writing are difficult these days, but i just really wanted to share with everyone. My apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Thanks everyone, for all that you (sh)are: i visit daily and appreciate you greatly smile.gif
Be Well, Stay Safe - All Ways, and Always,
Francisca

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Flute_stand_2_39x3x16.jpg ( 1.94MB ) Number of downloads: 37
Attached File  Flute_stand_2a_39x3x16_side_view.jpg ( 947.35K ) Number of downloads: 18

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

midwife2thesoul   

Member No.: 2,619

Post #2

QUOTE(midwife2thesoul @ Jun 9 2017, 02:09 PM) *
Hi beautiful peeplz,

I recently bought a few stands from eBay, I'm not related to the seller or anything: i just like the stands and figured I'd share.

This one is made from wood, it's black and holds 8 flutes. The dimensions are 39x3x16
It isn't listed under flute stands, but rather under katana stands/sword stands. It ships flat, is very easy to assemble, and also comes with a few pegs and screws for the wall. It's more sturdy than expected.

*Something to keep in mind with this one: they didn't bother to sand down the holes (?) Thingies where the flutes sit in the stand/rack. I easily addressed that by simply putting some sticky felt to those spots which you can buy for a couple of bucks at a craft store.

Since i don't know how to measure the size of the holes where the flutes go, I'll try to attach some pictures from front and side so you can see how different flutes look in it. The top flute probably has the biggest bore here, that's why i added it - is a G from High Spirits.

I won't mention any sellers name because i want to be respectful to the forum - katana/sword stands will show you the listings from all kinds of sellers.

Price: i paid $28 shipping included and a couple of bucks for the felt tape brought the total to around $30

I also bought a slightly different one and will post separately.

PS. Moderator - plz move if not in the right forum: reading and writing are difficult these days, but i just really wanted to share with everyone. My apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Thanks everyone, for all that you (sh)are: i visit daily and appreciate you greatly smile.gif
Be Well, Stay Safe - All Ways, and Always,
Francisca

Teehee not sure whether this works, but i figured maybe it's easiest to put the second rack here so they sit together smile.gif granted i can figure this out, that is wink.gif

The second stand/rack is from a different seller and i like it a little better, simply because it's brown, but also because with this one they actually DID sand down the flute hole (?) thingies, so it's good to go as is.

This one also holds 8 flutes, ships flat, and is easily assembled with included screws. The dimensions of this one are 39x3x13. So it's slightly less wide.

*Something to keep in mind on this one: they're easy to find because of their color, but the seller i bought mine from (i bought 2) has it listed in two different prices - not sure why.

Price: The seller i bought from has them as auction starting at $39 and as buy it now/or best offer for $59. They constantly post both prices, so i bought one for $39 to try if the flutes would fit, and then picked up a second one later on (also for 39 shipping included).

I'll try to add pics with some flutes here too, so you can see how they look in the stands. Since it is the same type of stand/rack, I'm including a front view and a view from the top. My apologies for bad picture quality - I'm no longer able to take pictures because i can no longer hold the camera still.

I better rest for a bit: when getting tired, i start to write phonetically etc. so who knows what i'd share then! wink.gif Well... That's my story and I'm sticking to it! laugh.gif

Wishing you love, light, and everything bright, now and always,
Francisca
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Brown_wooden_flute_rack_1_39x3x13.jpg ( 1.57MB ) Number of downloads: 16
Attached File  Brown_wooden_flute_rack_1_39x3x13_top_view.jpg ( 1.86MB ) Number of downloads: 17

+ Quote Post

CindyL   

Member No.: 3,672

Post #3

Very nice! I made mine from wooden plate racks that I got from The Container Store similar to these but longer: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Restaurant-Kitch...Color/622266642

I then (or hubby did) attach them to this: http://www.michaels.com/rectangle-plaque-b...0.html#start=10

Hubby also added this to a couple of my stands: http://www.michaels.com/whitewashed-wood-b...62.html#start=6

Someone on Facebook said that they went to a thrift store and bought a large wine rack for a couple of bucks and stores their flutes there. If I get anymore sometime, I will repurpose my large wine rack.

CindyL

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 11:24 PM