Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Show Us Your Anasazi/pueblo/mojave Flutes!, Get those photos up here!!!

Nate   

Group: Members
Member No.: 219

Post #41

QUOTE(Utah Chris @ Sep 11 2017, 09:50 AM) *
Me too! Maybe we were at his table at the same time.

I have a story about that event. I was sitting in the booth next to Michael's with my flute mentor Bill Hughes and noticing the traffic for the Anasazi's, which were brand new at the time. Up comes Scott August who asks Michael in a shy, respectful tone, can I try your flute? Michael fits him with one of those thin-rimmed wonders and Scott tries to get a sound out of it. He barely does so, but you know he'll keep on trying. Which he did!

So that was the birth of an Anasazi tradition.

Wow! Interesting story, thanks for sharing. We may have been at his table the same time. :-)

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Kuz   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 153

Post #42

QUOTE(Utah Chris @ Sep 11 2017, 10:50 AM) *
Me too! Maybe we were at his table at the same time.

I have a story about that event. I was sitting in the booth next to Michael's with my flute mentor Bill Hughes and noticing the traffic for the Anasazi's, which were brand new at the time. Up comes Scott August who asks Michael in a shy, respectful tone, can I try your flute? Michael fits him with one of those thin-rimmed wonders and Scott tries to get a sound out of it. He barely does so, but you know he'll keep on trying. Which he did!

So that was the birth of an Anasazi tradition.

I remember that Chris! Scott walking from Michael's with his brand new flute.
The next year he was playing it on stage.

+ Quote Post

Geoffrey   

Admin
Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5

Post #43

QUOTE(Kuz @ Sep 14 2017, 01:53 PM) *
I remember that Chris! Scott walking from Michael's with his brand new flute.
The next year he was playing it on stage.

That is definitely in character for Scott. When he took up the xiao and decided he really wanted to master it, he threw himself into it. Practices several hours per day on many days.

+ Quote Post

Utah Chris   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 171

Post #44

I agree, although the shy and respectful part of his personality comes and goes. . . smile.gif

QUOTE(Geoffrey @ Sep 14 2017, 03:17 PM) *
That is definitely in character for Scott. When he took up the xiao and decided he really wanted to master it, he threw himself into it. Practices several hours per day on many days.

+ Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 01:40 AM