Latest Activity on the Portal:
Stephen Cumberworth has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

All members are welcome to share about themselves, but there are some basic rules:

- No politics! If you spend your spare time campaigning for a political party or engage in some activity that could be interpreted as being "politically inflammatory" then this is not the place to share that. If you like to build birdhouses, then this is the place :)

- No comparative religion. If you volunteer at your local church, that is fine, but we encourage all religious reference to be non-denominational.

- All of the major site guidelines apply: Clean language and courtesy.

- Any off-site links about what you do need to meet the general criteria for acceptable site content. Inappropriate links will be removed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» My Heart Aches

M Turner   

Group: Members
Member No.: 83

Post #1

Hi Guys,
Sometime in Nov last yr. a gray stray cat adopted us. He just wandered up and took up at our home. He was not an inside cat at all and it took a while for us to get our hands on him.We could hold him a few min .3 or 4 at most.But he had such a personality.I could go in back yard and call him.You could hear him coming a little distance away...meowing the whole way..He would follow me as I walked our dog Jubilee....he would run by us and make this funny noise unlike any cat we've had before.
My son had said he was his cat so he wanted to start getting him his shots etc. (When he came we didnt know if he belonged to anyone or not) No one came so we were going to take care of him which we already had been doing....feeding and loving him.
We took him to the vet on Monday to have him neutered etc .He had feline leukemia...Our options according to the vet were make him an inside cat, try adopting him out but they would make him an inside cat if we could find someone or put him down. No real treatment for this.We couldnt make him an inside cat...he loved the outside. So this morning we had him put down.I buried him in his spot in our back yard......My heart just aches so bad.. His name was "Buddy" !

This post has been edited by M Turner: Apr 12 2017, 12:31 AM

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 2,397

Post #2

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's never easy to lose an animal like that. God bless you for giving love and care to a homeless cat. If anything else you
gave him something he probably never had in his life. For a short time he had a family who truly wanted the best for him. No one could've done
more.

Peace and blessings,
Ginger

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #3

So sorry to hear of this, Mike. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #4

Sorry MikeT... I bet he went off with gratitude to those who cared for him smile.gif

(((((((hug)))))))

+ Quote Post

BettyM   

Member No.: 3,839

Post #5

How very sad.......... Sometimes you only know you are doing the right thing when you do it regardless of the incredible pain it causes you.

He left this existence pain free and knowing he was loved. That is a gift not given to many stray or feral cats. And I truly believe that like us, they know when they are loved.

Betty

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #6

The loss of pets, is always hard. Our last one is within a month of turning 16, and we know we can lose her any time.

+ Quote Post

Northern Lights   

Member No.: 3,008

Post #7

Bless you for your compassion and selflessness.

+ Quote Post

Jeremy in SC   

Member No.: 1,071

Post #8

Mike,

Sorry to hear. Had to say goodbye to a cat last year. Still miss him.

Peace,
Jeremy

+ Quote Post

M Turner   

Member No.: 83

Post #9

QUOTE(Jeremy in SC @ Apr 12 2017, 08:50 PM) *
Mike,

Sorry to hear. Had to say goodbye to a cat last year. Still miss him.

Peace,
Jeremy

Thanks everybody!

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2017 - 09:10 AM