Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Flute Making Forum Guidelines

Even though we encourage members to share their experience in this section, ideally we'd like to keep an "amateur" flavor to it.

If you are a novice flute maker (for example) and are looking for feedback on your first creations, or if you are an experienced professional who is assisting a new maker, that is great.

However, if you are a professional who is selling their work anywhere, then in the interest of maintaining the no selling policy of this site (both in the letter and the spirit of the law) we ask that you do not showcase your work here, even if you are not actively making a sales pitch or linking to your website. You may post technical photos that are illustrative of the principles of flute making, but please refrain from any postings that are solely for the purpose of showcasing your creations.

This will ensure that no one takes undue advantage of the open nature of this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Flute Shop Russel A Wolf Book, just in case someone is still looking for this book..

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #1

Hello all. smile.gif I put in notification requests to a few different book outlets a long time ago, and one response finally popped up just now, but the postage is almost double the book... That makes it out of reach to me, but I remember that this book was spoken of with praise and some yearning by lots of flute-making folks, so if any of you are interested it was available here...

https://www.abebooks.com/Flute-Shop-Russell...cm_ite=viewbook It was $42 USD, but another $77 or so for postage to me... It may be affordable for one of you.

Many Blessings to you all smile.gif

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #2

Wow. Getting something to NZ is really expensive. The book isn't that big, nor heavy. It can be mailed easily in a large envelope.

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor

Post #3

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Aug 25 2017, 06:02 AM) *
Wow. Getting something to NZ is really expensive. The book isn't that big, nor heavy. It can be mailed easily in a large envelope.
It would need to get to Australia, rather than NZ (:-)), but, yes, Rick, postage is a real block to many purchases... I did actually misquote the postage, though.. I thought it read as $77 USD, but it was $70 USD to post it here.. but that still becomes $53 of my (Oz) dollars for the book itself, and $88 of my dollars for the postage.. That makes it $141 for a little book... not within my league! Hmmphh! smile.gif

Sad, because I'd read great things about this little book and was keen to have it.

My loss can be someone else's gain, though, which is a happy thought! I hope someone over there can enjoy it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by shewhoflutesincaves: Aug 25 2017, 09:08 PM

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #4

My aging brain can't keep up with whether you are in NZ or Australia. Sorry. sad.gif

It has been quite a few years, though, since I shipped anything to Australia, either. It never was, very affordable, that much I can recall. Especially, for things that are breakable.

On the other hand, the worst I have encountered, has been ground shipment from Canada. I just don't do that at all, anymore. Canada's fees are simply too high.

So, I can relate to your problem.

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor

Post #5

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Aug 26 2017, 04:33 AM) *
My aging brain can't keep up with whether you are in NZ or Australia. Sorry. sad.gif

It has been quite a few years, though, since I shipped anything to Australia, either. It never was, very affordable, that much I can recall. Especially, for things that are breakable.

On the other hand, the worst I have encountered, has been ground shipment from Canada. I just don't do that at all, anymore. Canada's fees are simply too high.

So, I can relate to your problem.
I guess because I refer to Aus as OZ, which is kind of closer to NZ visually biggrin.gif

Yes, the Canada to US mail thing seems really very odd, given proximity of some parts of US to some parts of Canada... but, phooey re mail costs because that book is one I've been after for ages... Still... hopefully someone ere will claim it and enjoy it! smile.gif

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 09:50 PM