Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Scott August has posted a new blog article titled "The roads in Andorra". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

This forum is for sharing humor, inspiration and silliness! The main Flute Portal guidelines still apply, however.

- No bad language
- No inflammatory language
- Respect and courtesy.

This is a family site and we expect all members to use good judgment about what they put here. Any off-site links that lead to content that is deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» My Gal Sal

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,397

Post #1

Sal and I having fun. Be sure to read what I wrote about it on the link. Sal is definitely our daughter, and we love her to pieces.

https://youtu.be/k5gaH-yWSPM

Ginger

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Prairie Wolf   

Member No.: 1,395

Post #2

Yup! Our furkin (furry family members) are definitely our family. Can't imagine living a life without a dog to share it with, ever.
"Utter contentment with the simplest gesture of affection -- that is the accepting love of a dog..." --K. Pippig
Sal looks so very happy and full of energy!

QUOTE(Red Hawk @ Nov 26 2017, 11:26 AM) *
Sal and I having fun. Be sure to read what I wrote about it on the link. Sal is definitely our daughter, and we love her to pieces.

https://youtu.be/k5gaH-yWSPM

Ginger

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #3

Hey! Don't forget those of the feline persuasion, too! laugh.gif

My new baby:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1104171210a_1.jpg ( 673.22K ) Number of downloads: 7

+ Quote Post

Prairie Wolf   

Member No.: 1,395

Post #4

Your new baby is striking looking. I LOVE the facial markings. I'm guessing by the snipped ear that your new baby is a rescue/adopted furbaby. They make the bestest pets! ❤️🐾 They seem to know they have been saved and I think they are all the more thankful for it!

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ Nov 26 2017, 03:32 PM) *

My new baby:

+ Quote Post

Brother Cavefish   

Member No.: 3,378

Post #5

LOL yea pooches are too cool , wow what energy

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #6

Lost our fur babies to old age, over the last year and a half. We decided to try to get along without them, as a new one would likely outlive us. It has been a bit of an adjustment.

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #7

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Nov 27 2017, 05:35 AM) *
Lost our fur babies to old age, over the last year and a half. We decided to try to get along without them, as a new one would likely outlive us. It has been a bit of an adjustment.

Rick, there are lots of healthy, loving older pets in shelters who would love to come home with you. In addition to having a little more "control" over the "pets outliving us" situation -- since their lifespan with you will be shorter and you can adopt again or not depending on your health and circumstances as time goes on -- you will all benefit from the relationship. It's unbelievable how many pets get dumped for no reason other than "they're old." That's how we got a new cat for my elderly mother. He's 15 now and very healthy and extremely appreciative at being saved.

Liz

+ Quote Post

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor

Post #8

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ Nov 26 2017, 03:32 PM) *

My new baby:

Awwww... she's adorable. I'm assuming your cat is a she tongue.gif ?

+ Quote Post

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor

Post #9

QUOTE(Brother Cavefish @ Nov 26 2017, 06:41 PM) *
LOL yea pooches are too cool , wow what energy

I'm beginning to wonder if she'll ever run out of steam smile.gif . We went on a 2 hour hike today, and she's resting now. She always gets excited the instant I bring out my hiking sneakers and grab up my walking staff.

Ginger

+ Quote Post

Red Hawk   

Top Contributor

Post #10

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Nov 27 2017, 11:00 AM) *
Rick, there are lots of healthy, loving older pets in shelters who would love to come home with you. In addition to having a little more "control" over the "pets outliving us" situation -- since their lifespan with you will be shorter and you can adopt again or not depending on your health and circumstances as time goes on -- you will all benefit from the relationship. It's unbelievable how many pets get dumped for no reason other than "they're old." That's how we got a new cat for my elderly mother. He's 15 now and very healthy and extremely appreciative at being saved.

Liz

Sal wasn't old by any means, but I found her abandoned at Salamonie River State Forest, and the vet guessed her at 2 to3 years old. That'd make her around 10 now.

And that's why we named her Sal--SALamonie smile.gif .

Ginger

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor

Post #11

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Nov 27 2017, 08:35 AM) *

Yeah, I tried that, too. I was so not me without a cat.

There really are a lot of older pets to adopt. I was going to do that for the same reason you state.

It didn't work. The one I got choose me as I choose her. She is 10 months old. laugh.gif

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor

Post #12

QUOTE(Prairie Wolf @ Nov 26 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Your new baby is striking looking. I LOVE the facial markings. I'm guessing by the snipped ear that your new baby is a rescue/adopted furbaby. They make the bestest pets! ❤️🐾 They seem to know they have been saved and I think they are all the more thankful for it!

QUOTE(Red Hawk @ Nov 27 2017, 05:31 PM) *
Awwww... she's adorable. I'm assuming your cat is a she tongue.gif ?

Yep, she's a she! tongue.gif Her name is Bella and she is indeed a rescue/adopted baby. I think she was abused as she is so skittish and afraid. She is tons better now, but we are still working on it.

And it is a definitely a case of "Who rescued who?" wub.gif

Save

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #13

QUOTE(tootieflutie58 @ Nov 27 2017, 03:30 PM) *
Yep, she's a she! tongue.gif Her name is Bella and she is indeed a rescue/adopted baby. I think she was abused as she is so skittish and afraid. She is tons better now, but we are still working on it.

And it is a definitely a case of "Who rescued who?" wub.gif

Save

I just got this recently! laugh.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  1511907838099729057401.jpg ( 3.28MB ) Number of downloads: 7

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor

Post #14

laugh.gif I saw that yesterday and almost bought it!

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor

Post #15

We have decided to try to get along without any more fur babies. Less to keep up with, and be responsible for, is now, the preferred way to go. If anything happens to the better half, that might change, but for now, we are trying to get by without man's best friend. Not easy to do, after more than 40 yrs. of having pets, almost continuously.

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor

Post #16

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Nov 29 2017, 08:01 AM) *
We have decided to try to get along without any more fur babies. Less to keep up with, and be responsible for, is now, the preferred way to go. If anything happens to the better half, that might change, but for now, we are trying to get by without man's best friend. Not easy to do, after more than 40 yrs. of having pets, almost continuously.

Yep, that was my plan, too. No more kitty litter tracked all over the house, no more cat food smell, no more picked covers, no more vet bills.

I made it 7 months . . . I found out that nice, perfect clean houses are not all they are cracked up to be. Companionship is well worth the trouble.

This morning I woke up at 3am sick. Awful feeling to be sick and alone. It was so nice to have Bella curled up beside me.

Of course, my situation is different from yours. I have no better half. Well, I do now! Her name is Bella! wub.gif

This post has been edited by tootieflutie58: Nov 29 2017, 08:02 AM

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor

Post #17

Yeah.........if I were alone, I suspect I would have a fur baby, too.

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 07:25 AM