Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Looking For Out Of Print Cd

Northern Lights   

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,008

Post #1

Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm plunking it here, but I am looking for a copy the out of print INAFA CD by Peter Phippen "Woodnotes Wyld." If anyone has a copy that they no longer want please message me privately. Or, if anyone knows where I could source a copy that information would also be appreciated. Thanks much. Stephen.

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Mike   

Member No.: 89

Post #2

QUOTE(Northern Lights @ Sep 13 2017, 07:18 AM) *
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'm plunking it here, but I am looking for a copy the out of print INAFA CD by Peter Phippen "Woodnotes Wyld." If anyone has a copy that they no longer want please message me privately. Or, if anyone knows where I could source a copy that information would also be appreciated. Thanks much. Stephen.

It appears to be on Spotify. Or here.

Mike

+ Quote Post

Northern Lights   

Member No.: 3,008

Post #3

QUOTE(Mike @ Sep 13 2017, 08:18 AM) *
It appears to be on Spotify. Or here.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I'm not familiar with Spotify, can you download the music or can you only listen to it on-line? I ask because what I want to do is copy it to several devices. I am admittedly a bit old school (which is funny cause I'm not THAT old) and I typically load a CD onto my iMac and move it around from there. Thanks, Stephen.

+ Quote Post

Mike   

Member No.: 89

Post #4

QUOTE(Northern Lights @ Sep 13 2017, 09:05 AM) *
Thanks Mike, I'm not familiar with Spotify, can you download the music or can you only listen to it on-line? I ask because what I want to do is copy it to several devices. I am admittedly a bit old school (which is funny cause I'm not THAT old) and I typically load a CD onto my iMac and move it around from there. Thanks, Stephen.

I understand how you feel. I only recently started trying the online music services. I do still like having the CD. At least I have moved on from cassette tapes and a Sony Walkman...

I just joined Spotify today with the free version, so I am no expert. I think you have to get the premium membership for $10 a month to download, or even to listen to complete albums. I'm still not sure if that particular whole album is on Spotify. Once you download something, they don't want you to copy it to other devices. Hope this helps...maybe someone who knows more will chime in.

Mike

+ Quote Post

salsadj   

Member No.: 1,443

Post #5

Spotify is an amazing music service. I've been using it for about 5 years. The free version is like Pandora. It won't let you save music for offline listening etc. The premium is $9.99 for $15.99 for a family plan that allows six users. If you're a music lover I highly recommend it. There are some pretty hard to find albums on there but sometimes they aren't licensed to be streamed. The above-mentioned album seems to be one of them. I clicked the link and the album is grayed out. There are a lot of Peter Phippen's albums available though. Johnny Lipford's new album is there as well as all of Coyote Oldman and R. Carlos Nakai albums.

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 152

Post #6

Stephen, I just PM'ed you some info on how to get that CD directly from Peter. Hope it works out for you. It's a priceless collection of songs. If you contact him, tell him I said howdy!🤠

Keith

QUOTE(Northern Lights @ Sep 13 2017, 10:18 AM) *

This post has been edited by Keith Glowka: Sep 16 2017, 08:28 PM

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 01:49 AM