Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

This forum is for sharing humor, inspiration and silliness! The main Flute Portal guidelines still apply, however.

- No bad language
- No inflammatory language
- Respect and courtesy.

This is a family site and we expect all members to use good judgment about what they put here. Any off-site links that lead to content that is deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Sounds Of Life

Footmandog   

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,577

Post #1

Sometimes a picture can't capture the moment. This is a first for us. Our goat just kidded two boys. Here is a recording just minutes after the second one entered the world.

Edited with a link if the file below doesn't work

https://youtu.be/Q5LvpGJQ1LE

Apologies for the file format. The best I could do on my iphone to get it uploaded was to save the audio to the pictures which created a .mov file out of it. Hope it plays for you.

Attached File  trim.3347BA55_135A_43C3_9D87_343BAF4770A6.MOV ( 732.81K ) Number of downloads: 14

This post has been edited by Footmandog: Jun 15 2017, 08:33 PM

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #2

That's very cute! And I'm not kidding! biggrin.gif

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #3

Would you please post a plain photo? I got sound but no picture on the YouTube and couldn't play the. .mov file. I love goats!

+ Quote Post

Footmandog   

Post #4

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Jun 16 2017, 04:23 AM) *
Would you please post a plain photo? I got sound but no picture on the YouTube and couldn't play the. .mov file. I love goats!

The movie intentionally has no images. It was just a way to get the audio published from my phone.

But since you asked, here is one. Mama still hadn't cleaned them all up.
Attached File  IMG_1094.JPG ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 17

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #5

QUOTE(Footmandog @ Jun 16 2017, 06:10 AM) *
The movie intentionally has no images. It was just a way to get the audio published from my phone.

They're gorgeous! smile.gif

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Post #6

Baby goats!! Love those ears!

When I was in sixth grade we "adopted" a baby goat because my mother petted a semi-wild baby on a friend's property. Mama wouldn't take her back. She lived in our house in town for quite a few weeks until a neighbor complained. It's a sight to see a little goat gallop through the house on the hardwood floors and jump on the coffee table and slide down the length of it! Her name was Heidi, and we loved her.

+ Quote Post

Footmandog   

Post #7

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Jun 16 2017, 03:01 PM) *
Baby goats!! Love those ears!

When I was in sixth grade we "adopted" a baby goat because my mother petted a semi-wild baby on a friend's property. Mama wouldn't take her back. She lived in our house in town for quite a few weeks until a neighbor complained. It's a sight to see a little goat gallop through the house on the hardwood floors and jump on the coffee table and slide down the length of it! Her name was Heidi, and we loved her.

Wow I couldn't imagine having one in the house. The most apt word I can think of to describe our goats is that they are stinkers. We thought about starting with sheep but chose goats because they have more personality.

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #8

QUOTE(Footmandog @ Jun 15 2017, 11:31 PM) *
Sometimes a picture can't capture the moment. This is a first for us. Our goat just kidded two boys. Here is a recording just minutes after the second one entered the world.

Edited with a link if the file below doesn't work

https://youtu.be/Q5LvpGJQ1LE

Apologies for the file format. The best I could do on my iphone to get it uploaded was to save the audio to the pictures which created a .mov file out of it. Hope it plays for you.

Attached File  trim.3347BA55_135A_43C3_9D87_343BAF4770A6.MOV ( 732.81K ) Number of downloads: 14

Man, they sure were talking a lot!! rolleyes.gif

I sure would love to see some pics of those goats. Baby goats are the cutest ever!!

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #9

QUOTE(Footmandog @ Jun 16 2017, 10:10 AM) *

Awwww!! So cute!!

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Post #10

QUOTE(Footmandog @ Jun 17 2017, 11:44 AM) *
Wow I couldn't imagine having one in the house. The most apt word I can think of to describe our goats is that they are stinkers. We thought about starting with sheep but chose goats because they have more personality.

I never noticed her smelling at all, but memory blurs details. She was housebroken. I don't believe we had any accidents. We got in trouble with her because we had her tied out in the yard and she went through the hedge and munched on it on our mean-old-lady neighbor's side. She filed a complaint.

She was so cute, solid white except for a black stripe down her back. Somewhere I probably still have a photo of her, but I don't have a clue where.

+ Quote Post

Footmandog   

Post #11

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Jun 19 2017, 12:23 AM) *
I never noticed her smelling at all, but memory blurs details. She was housebroken. I don't believe we had any accidents. We got in trouble with her because we had her tied out in the yard and she went through the hedge and munched on it on our mean-old-lady neighbor's side. She filed a complaint.

She was so cute, solid white except for a black stripe down her back. Somewhere I probably still have a photo of her, but I don't have a clue where.

Sorry, I didn't mean stinker as in smelly. Rather I meant in the sense of being imps.

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Post #12

QUOTE(Footmandog @ Jun 19 2017, 12:01 PM) *
Sorry, I didn't mean stinker as in smelly. Rather I meant in the sense of being imps.

LOL! They are that!!! She was a unique pet for us city kids.

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 09:01 AM