Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Flute Notes has posted a new blog article titled "Flute Circle Games by Stephanie Baldridge". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

This forum exists so that members can discuss more personal and/or spiritual subjects as they relate to their individual journeys or their experiences with the flute.

Members may reference their personal religious practices in context, but please no "comparative" religion here. This includes any remarks about another members religious or spiritual beliefs that can in any way be interpreted as judgmental or demeaning.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Lessons From A Broken Flute

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #21

QUOTE(Terry B @ May 1 2017, 11:42 AM) *
Life is a lot like a broken flute....the repairs make the character deeper. smile.gif
What Terry B said smile.gif He is an eloquent human being, is Terry! smile.gif

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Joe D   

Member No.: 3,330

Post #22

More broken instruments that sound nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3621t0rgA

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #23

QUOTE(Joe D @ May 31 2017, 12:22 PM) *
More broken instruments that sound nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3621t0rgA
Thanks so much, Joe. I'd heard of Dana's flutes, but never really heard one... When i first watched the video I thought it was a beautiful Kuz Low A, such as I'm fortunate to play, but I realised it was Dana's flute.

I learnt something and heard something really beautiful, too!

+ Quote Post

Joe D   

Member No.: 3,330

Post #24

She who flutes in a cave,

His name is Keith Davis and his tutorials are very good and accurate according to sheet music that I evaluated him with.

His version of a "A Horse With No Name" is buy far the best version and far surpasses the sheet music for this song.

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #25

Keith is in our flute circle. He's very talented! His nickname is "Two Flutes" 'cause that's his special talent. If you go to YouTube and type in the search box oldmanyow, you'll find his page. Click on Videos and go to the bottom and click on "More" and eventually you'll find the videos where he's playing two flutes at a time and explaining how to do the same. It's not easy! But I think Keith is a born teacher. He's got a lot of videos explaining how to play different songs. Y'all check him out!

Lizabeth

+ Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 11:19 PM