Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Scott August has posted a new blog article titled "The roads in Andorra". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Native Rhythms?

rocksncactus   

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,105

Post #21

QUOTE(Northern Lights @ Oct 18 2017, 05:36 AM) *
Lisabeth,
Now ya'll are just making me feel bad that I can't make it.

Nah, just trying to goad you into flying down after all. I know, I'm bad.

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #22

Well, that's news. She was moving from TN to FL, the last time I saw her. laugh.gif

+ Quote Post

greybeard   

greybeard
Member No.: 68

Post #23

It's been a while so I thought I'd drop in and make a post about NRF but see that ya'll have beaten me to it. I've been since the very first and will be back again this year as well. Native Rhythms is still our favorite annual event. It is very well run and organized which is the key to it's success and longevity and I don't expect it to be any different this year. The lineup of performers, workshops and vendors is a strong as ever and Florida is typically beautiful that time of year.

I am definitely looking to meet those that plan on making the trip, I know that you won't be disappointed .Please be sure to drop by the Tree of Life booth, say hi and introduce yourselves.

Safe Travels and we'll see you in Melbourne.

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #24

QUOTE(Northern Lights @ Oct 11 2017, 09:29 AM) *
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to going north for a bit, but I have this nagging feeling that I need to try and go to these festivals before they disappear completely. I am constantly bemoaning the fact that I missed the crest of the wave with NAF events - so many are gone or have shrunk quite a bit. I have such limited vacation time with my current job that it's hard to get to many of them, but I really want to try and go some year to Native Rhythms. I have one year left in my current job and then we move North permanently, soooooo, I may be doing seasonal work, but the tradeoff would be whether or not I have funds to travel. The old catch 22: have the money but no time, or have the time but no money. Hopefully, I can find a job that affords me both!! Stephen.
I trust you will find that perfect job that offers a Catch 22 loophole for you to hop through, Stephen biggrin.gif
And I am constantly bemoaning the complete absence of any NAF based event over here at all, other than myself, or another, or another, one-off player playing quietly, or even a slightly more professional player-maker popping up at a random Spiritual festival.. I love my home... I truly love my home.. But how can I live in a country without NAF-based cultural events and festivals... Hhhmmpph! ohmy.gif huh.gif blink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif So, when I read about people like yourself wanting to get to one, should all of the necessaries line up for you, I really am keen for all of the necessaries to line up for you!!!

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #25

QUOTE(rocksncactus @ Oct 18 2017, 06:04 PM) *
Nah, just trying to goad you into flying down after all. I know, I'm bad.
Bad is the new good..... unsure.gif huh.gif blink.gif

But i know what you mean. biggrin.gif 🌻❤️🌻

+ Quote Post

Northern Lights   

Member No.: 3,008

Post #26

QUOTE(shewhoflutesincaves @ Oct 19 2017, 06:06 AM) *
I trust you will find that perfect job that offers a Catch 22 loophole for you to hop through, Stephen biggrin.gif
And I am constantly bemoaning the complete absence of any NAF based event over here at all, other than myself, or another, or another, one-off player playing quietly, or even a slightly more professional player-maker popping up at a random Spiritual festival.. I love my home... I truly love my home.. But how can I live in a country without NAF-based cultural events and festivals... Hhhmmpph! ohmy.gif huh.gif blink.gif wink.gif tongue.gif So, when I read about people like yourself wanting to get to one, should all of the necessaries line up for you, I really am keen for all of the necessaries to line up for you!!!

Thanks! We are in the midst of some very (long term) life changing events right now, so we have to really prioritize, I will be grateful for the day when the dust settles a bit and we can do some things we really want to do. Stephen.

+ Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 10:45 PM