Latest Activity on the Portal:
Bob Child - Ugly Boy Flutes has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
Scott August has posted a new blog article titled "The roads in Andorra". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Please read these guidelines before posting!

We don't want to put any heavy-handed restrictions on the content of this forum, but we would like to try to confine it to issues that are either directly connected to the flute community and its members, or at least have some tangible connection to the flute in a general sense. There are many worthy causes in the world, and even though we might all want to help victims of a typhoon in Asia, for example, we can't necessarily play host to such a cause here without it having some tie-in to flutes or to the flute-related activities of a site member in support of this cause. There are simply too many people in need, and in many cases these other causes have their own venues where folks are bringing attention to them.

Please confine all such issues to this forum alone and do not post about them in other sections of the forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Happy Thanksgiving

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 152

Post #1

To all our friends here in the U.S., and in the other countries where it's celebrated, Happy Thanksgiving!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Screen_Shot_2017_11_23_at_8.50.16_AM.png ( 346.65K ) Number of downloads: 3

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Brother Cavefish   

Member No.: 3,378

Post #2

Yea, a day off too--- got me a black friday Low D high spirits 432hz what the heck

+ Quote Post

Rick McDaniel   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 75

Post #3

It isn't what it used to be. I don't really enjoy it anymore, since the stores now open on Thanksgiving. All anyone thinks about, is when the stores open, for the black Friday deals, on Thanksgiving day.

Guess that makes me weirder than most............but that's not new.

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 30

Post #4

Happy Thanksgiving!

+ Quote Post

Hawk   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 131

Post #5

Tomorrow people will gather with friends and family. A shared meal with smiles and love given away...A Gift...
There are those in our world who do not have the pleasure of a meal or friends or shelter...Let's see Them...
There are those who are at war with themselves or with others...Let's see Them...
Tree, Water, Animal, Air, Earth and Sky a worry...Let's Honor Them...
Thanksgiving-an observance that can be had everyday.
It's important to acknowledge history, to remember it's difficulties and with that knowledge of remembering make a different choice... Together...
Tomorrow we will gather with Family and Friends and share a meal and giveaway our Smiles and Love...and receive the Gift ~ ~ <3 ~

This post has been edited by Hawk: Nov 23 2017, 07:59 AM

+ Quote Post

Joe D   

Member No.: 3,330

Post #6

What!! no Happy Thanksgiving flute song ?

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor

Post #7

QUOTE(Joe D @ Nov 23 2017, 10:35 AM) *
What!! no Happy Thanksgiving flute song ?

No flute in it, but it is a classic Thanksgiving song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bH0rULAHEg

+ Quote Post

rocksncactus   

Member No.: 3,105

Post #8

QUOTE(Keith Glowka @ Nov 23 2017, 08:52 AM) *
No flute in it, but it is a classic Thanksgiving song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bH0rULAHEg

LOL I just heard this on the radio!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. We have never shopped on Black Friday. For me and for my family this day is for spending time together.

+ Quote Post

Joe D   

Member No.: 3,330

Post #9

Keith,

That was funny!

I can understand why SNL mentioned a different Thanksgiving song for following years.

+ Quote Post

Brother Cavefish   

Member No.: 3,378

Post #10

QUOTE(Rick McDaniel @ Nov 23 2017, 07:14 AM) *
It isn't what it used to be. I don't really enjoy it anymore, since the stores now open on Thanksgiving. All anyone thinks about, is when the stores open, for the black Friday deals, on Thanksgiving day.

Guess that makes me weirder than most............but that's not new.

never went to a black friday sale, never felt the need nor want to wait in a line for hours on end, its a mad house, yea it is a sad day when stores are open, it used to be quiet times during the holidays, its all business now i guess

+ Quote Post

Prairie Wolf   

Member No.: 1,395

Post #11

And a Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

"May your day be filled with all the beauty of nature, the wonder of the imagination,
the magic of the human spirit, and all the blessings of Heaven…”

QUOTE(Keith Glowka @ Nov 23 2017, 06:51 AM) *
To all our friends here in the U.S., and in the other countries where it's celebrated, Happy Thanksgiving!

+ Quote Post

tootieflutie58   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 30

Post #12

QUOTE(Hawk @ Nov 23 2017, 10:58 AM) *
Tomorrow people will gather with friends and family. A shared meal with smiles and love given away...A Gift...
There are those in our world who do not have the pleasure of a meal or friends or shelter...Let's see Them...
There are those who are at war with themselves or with others...Let's see Them...
It's important to acknowledge history, to remember it's difficulties and with that knowledge of remembering make a different choice... Together...
Tomorrow we will gather with Family and Friends and share a meal and giveaway our Smiles and Love...and receive the Gift ~ ~ <3 ~

Hawk, my thoughts have been similar. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the homeless, the hungry, the hospitalized, the abused today. It is easy for me to get down on these holidays, but thinking of others reminds me I have nothing to really pine about. I am thankful and sorrowful at the same time.

Thanksgiving blessings, my friend!

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #13

QUOTE(Hawk @ Nov 23 2017, 07:58 AM) *

❤️🐸🐤🐞🐢🐾🌺🌸🍄💥🌞❤️

+ Quote Post

shewhoflutesinca...   

Top Contributor
From: Beautiful northern NSW, Oz, beside creeks and rainforests
Member No.: 3,389

Post #14

Ha... we are so out of the Thanksgiving loop over here on the other side of the planet that I tried to listen to that youtube song to see what a classic Thanksgiving song was and received this.. "The uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Still, I bet its more meaningful (or at least I hope it is!!) than "Jingle Bells" rolleyes.gif

In the true spirit of thanksgiving, I wish you all peace, happiness, and gratitude. xxxx

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor

Post #15

I wouldn’t attach too much “meaning” to that particular song!😆

Actually, the Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in Australia in your territory of Norfolk Island...just a short swim east of you, mate.

QUOTE(shewhoflutesincaves @ Nov 23 2017, 04:30 PM) *
Ha... we are so out of the Thanksgiving loop over here on the other side of the planet that I tried to listen to that youtube song to see what a classic Thanksgiving song was and received this.. "The uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Still, I bet its more meaningful (or at least I hope it is!!) than "Jingle Bells" rolleyes.gif

In the true spirit of thanksgiving, I wish you all peace, happiness, and gratitude. xxxx

+ Quote Post

crow feather   

Member No.: 3,380

Post #16

Over the hill and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go. The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh through the white and drifted snow. Over the hill and through the woods we go,For this is Thanksgiving day. Happy thanks giving.

+ Quote Post

Mike   

Member No.: 89

Post #17

Interesting that the topic of Native Americans hasn't come up yet in this thread. Sometimes, a reminder of the origins of traditions is a good way to reflect on the holiday. Here is a pretty good synopsis of Thanksgiving.

Also (with the choice of the date being related to Thanksgiving, I think), since 1990, November has been Native American Heritage Month in the US, and since 2009, today-the day after Thanksgiving-is Native American Heritage Day.

So we give thanks to the people who welcomed the newcomers and helped them adjust to a new home.

And Happy Native American Heritage Day!

Mike

+ Quote Post

Keith Glowka   

Top Contributor

Post #18

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all the fluties on Norfolk Island, Australia, where American style Thanksgiving is celebrated! This year it falls on November 29 (today). But wait, it's already tomorrow there, but it's still today here (3:54 p.m., USA CST). OK, now I'm confusing myself!😳

QUOTE(Keith Glowka @ Nov 23 2017, 05:49 PM) *
I wouldn’t attach too much “meaning” to that particular song!😆

Actually, the Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated in Australia in your territory of Norfolk Island...just a short swim east of you, mate.

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2017 - 02:02 AM