Latest Activity on the Portal:
Dave Sproul has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
AlexBooth has posted a new blog article titled "Passing the Torch: Flute Portal Ownership Announcment". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Guidelines

Even though we encourage members to share their experience in this section, ideally we'd like to keep an "amateur" flavor to it.

If you are a novice instrument maker and are looking for feedback on your first creations, or if you are an experienced professional who is assisting a new maker, that is great.

However, if you are a professional who is selling their work anywhere, then in the interest of maintaining the no selling policy of this site (both in the letter and the spirit of the law) we ask that you do not showcase your work here, even if you are not actively making a sales pitch or linking to your website. You may post technical photos that are illustrative of the principles of instrument making, but please refrain from any postings that are solely for the purpose of showcasing your creations.

This will ensure that no one takes undue advantage of the open nature of this forum.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» Flute Design Spreadsheet For Excell

okurilen   

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,182

Post #1

Here is a little beast I have been working on for some time. http://hollowbamboo.herobo.com/

It is pretty much a very flexible flute design spreadsheet for excell that allows you to design your own flute with the parameters that you enter. Unlike programs alike that I have seen on the net, this one does not create a virtual flute for you. It has that feature in it as well, but it has been made optional.

Pretty much I think I have included everything that a flute maker may need (and even more) to design a transverse flute. Tone Hole Locator, Bore Diameter Calculator, Options for Different Tunings, etc...

One of its main features is that it lets you input the length of your premade flute blank, and calculates all the other values according to it. Meaning that the final calculations are based on real thing, the flute that you are making, not a virtual flute.

I've tried it on several of the flutes that I made a while ago, and it works perfectly.

Take a look and tell me what you think. Comments would be appreciated. I did my best to outline instructions, but something that is less obvious to me may be not so obvious to others. Also, if there are any problems with the calculations or maybe I omitted some features that could be helpful just drop me a line. My email is on the website.

I hope that this spreadsheet will serve others just as good as it serves me.

Oleg

This post has been edited by okurilen: Sep 7 2010, 07:34 PM

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Steve_p   

Group: Members
Member No.: 747

Post #2

Great work Oleg

Steve

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:14 AM