Latest Activity on the Portal:
Ron Bracale has added tracks to the music area. Listen to free music today!
AlexBooth has posted a new blog article titled "Passing the Torch: Flute Portal Ownership Announcment". Read this article...

Hello, Guest. Welcome to the Native American Flute Portal Forums!

Thanks for visiting our forums. If you would like to join our wonderful community, please click on the 'create account' button below. Remember, as soon as you join us, you will have access to post in our forums as well as other features on the portal such as flute circles, events, music uploads, and more! Registration only takes a moment to complete!

Click here to create an account!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

» Forum Rules

This forum is for sharing humor, inspiration and silliness! The main Flute Portal guidelines still apply, however.

- No bad language
- No inflammatory language
- Respect and courtesy.

This is a family site and we expect all members to use good judgment about what they put here. Any off-site links that lead to content that is deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
» I'm Glad Temiruya Is Just A Little Nosey, Aren't You!, ...and while you are here!!!

zone1   

Top Contributor
Group: Members
Member No.: 322

Post #1

This one is a little more pleasing than the Kazoo plastic type we usually hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xYJxKkUcM0

And while you are here, check out this musical and visual journey that (I think?) Jeff G's Indiana flute circle did near Oracle Arizona.
Maybe if Jeff happens to read this, he can let us in on the full and correct story.
The tune is major then minor and back, in F#m. Hold on to your saddle and get you cossfinger on! smile.gif I really enjoyed it.....I hope you do as well! biggrin.gif
Arizona Labyrinth - time lapse - Gary Cope "Lost Mountain Trading Post"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oej-L8xus...X7dMWHyeDcgliHg

This post has been edited by zone1: Apr 13 2012, 01:12 PM

Go to the top of the page 
 + Quote Post

RBrooner   

Member No.: 607

Post #2

It''s Gary's music accompanying the video.

Warren Lynn is setting up the labyrinth (at least I think I see Warren in the video.)

Warren and Gary are both in the flute circle in Indianapolis - but the flute circle didn't have anything to do with this video or the labyrinth.

The labyrinth is really cool to walk, and Gary usually plays music when Warren setup one local to Indianapolis.

Warren has a canvas one he uses or can setup one with masking tape, or he line it out in the ground like the video demonstrates.

- Richard

+ Quote Post

zone1   

Top Contributor
Member No.: 322

Post #3

Thanks for setting things straight Richard. smile.gif I think the combination of both the video and music went very well together and I really enjoyed it!
The flute music is very up-beat, but also very catchy! I played along with it several times with mid & bass flutes and it was a blast.

It would be nice to layout a Labyrinth somewhere local out here. The county park in Garden Valley where Lew Price & Charlie live would be a good spot, across the creek and in the back. Maybe worth asking the ones in charge!

I also enjoyed the blues video with Jeff, Gary and others on Warren's tube! It looked like great fun, especially having that Bass Uke in there. cool.gif

(side note) I am now in search of someone who would like to fly an indoor (slow air) kite along with my flute music for some of the local Wineries and other venues.
This is an example although with slightly more wind speed, but one of my favorite's with cool music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKqZU4WwTS0
Here is a zero wind speed kite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wMufkCiB7k...;feature=relmfu

This post has been edited by zone1: Apr 14 2012, 05:49 AM

+ Quote Post

APeterson   

Member No.: 1,092

Post #4

Rex:

I have never seen kites like that. They certainly lend themselves to expressive performance. I doubt I would have the touch to handle one, but good luck on finding someone.

Alan

+ Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:52 PM